1. The “National 4H Conference Center & Resort Give-Away” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years-of-age or older, who resides in the WAVA-FM broadcast listening area. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Virginia, Inc., licensee of WAVA-FM (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies and anyone who has won a prize from Radio Station in the last thirty (30) days are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be five (5) Prize winners. The Contest will be conducted between the hours of 5am EST and 10am EST on the following dates: September 19, 2014; October 3, 2014; November 7, 2014; January 9, 2015; and April 10, 2015. Each winner will be the designated caller to call WAVA-FM at 1-888-293-9282 when instructed by the Radio Station’s on-air announcer. The winners will be notified at the time of calling in to Radio Station that they are the winner. Winners must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks of notification, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prizes will be awarded after all required proof and documentation is received from winner. The Prize winners have until December 30, 2015 to redeem the prizes from the National 4H Conference & Resort Center. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received.
3. There are 5 (five) Prizes. Each Prize includes: a two (2) night weekend get-away package to the National 4H Conference & Resort Center located in Chevy Chase, MD, including resort tour, accommodations and continental breakfast two (2) mornings. The estimated retail value of the Prize is $350. All other expenses, including transportation to and from the hotel, are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent will be given for the Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
4. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, their parent company, their parent’s affiliated companies or their advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, it’s parent companies and their parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
5. To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The names of the winners will also be posted on the Radio Station web site: www.wava.com once the names have become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.