Any organization that distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers can request that it receive notification of full-time job vacancies at this station as they occur by contacting Gerald Halstead, Office Manager at 703.807.2266 or e-mail jerryh@WAVA.com.
Each organization that wants to receive notification of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number and contact person, and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which it requests notification. An organization may request notification about all vacancies.
CLICK HERE TO SEND THIS INFORMATION
NOW HIRING at Salem Media of Virginia, Inc. (WAVA, 105.1FM & 780AM and WRC, 1260AM) and Salem Satellite Media, LLC (Family Talk, SIRIUS-XM 131)!
CLICK HERE to download the "Employment Application"
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Would you like to take your love of selling to the next level? Are you people focused, results oriented, self motivated and creative? Are you a problem solver, persistent and see a “No” as an invitation instead of rejection? Do you have a track record of at least five years of successful outside, consultative/strategic locally focused selling experience? Are you passionate about working with clients to develop and execute short and long term advertising and marketing plans? Are you willing to learn, change, grow and be stretched as we together help our clients get results using radio, online and digital media advertising and marketing platforms? If you meet or exceed these descriptors we invite you to apply to consider joining our growing locally focused team of locally focused Advertising/Media Account Executives.
As an Advertising Account Executive with WAVA/WRC Radio, you will daily use your marketing, business development, consultive selling and closing skills to develop and present customized radio, digital and event driven advertising and marketing plans to businesses owners and decision makers.
Selling for our company isn't like selling copiers or cell phones. In this position you will move beyond selling “packages” to create and position a growing set of media platforms that includes radio, online, print and promotional events. You will help craft the creative messages, campaigns and copy that will drive results.
WAVA/WRC account executives helps turn an intangible product or service into a unique marketing campaign by using their creativity, research and marketing skills and partnering with the client. If you are focused, disciplined and have the ability to establish and exceed expectations, you are an outstanding candidate for this career opportunity and we want to meet you!
- Maintaining and growing assigned account bases while developing new accounts
- Explaining to customers how advertising with us will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Providing clients with customized advertising and marketing proposals
- Locate and contact potential customer to offer advertising services and process all correspondence and paperwork related to your accounts.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Preparing promotional plans, sales literature, media kits and sales contracts
- Cold-calling, networking and using other prospecting techniques to reach business owners and decision makers
- Producing new ad business for WAVA and WRC Radio, reaching monthly advertising billing sales goals
As an Advertising Account Executive with WAVA/WRC Radio, You must be focused, disciplined and possess strong sales closing skills. Additionally, you must understand that your income in this commission-based position will directly correlate to your prospecting and closing skills. No relocation offered.
At WAVA/WRC Radio, we know that our employees work hard, so we offer a generous commission and bonus-based compensation package as well as generous benefits package.
Send resume and cover letter to Jim Richard, General Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL TIME AND PART TIME BOARD OPERATORS
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must operate standard broadcast console, including "faders" or "pots."
- Protect the company's F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
- Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and Station Identification's for multiple stations.
- Ability to perform simple production duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in running audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary (not just at college or broadcast school).
- Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
- Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
- Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
- Experience working with Rivendell or other broadcast automation systems.
- Able to work regular weekend shifts.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
- Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
- Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
- Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
E-mail your resume to Bob Jones, Broadcast Operations Director at email@example.com.
Positions will remain open until filled.
Salem Media of Virginia, Inc.(WAVA, 105.1FM / WAVA, 780AM & WRC, 1260AM) and Salem Satellite Media, LLC (Family Talk, SIRIUS-XM 131) are Equal Opportunity Employers. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.
Employer and offers Health/Dental/Life/401(k) to full time employees. Salem Media of Virginia, Inc. (WAVA, 105.1FM / WAVA, 780AM & WRC, 1260AM) and Salem Satellite Media, LLC (Family Talk, SIRIUS-XM 131) are owned by Salem Communications, Corporation. (Nasdaq: SALM) headquartered in Camarillo, California. Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative News Talk and Christian and family-themed programming.